Cultural Coffee Hour Event Agreement
Noon Concerts Series
- Language Conversation Clubs
- Cultural Coffee Hours
- Conversation Partners
The purpose of the Cultural Coffee Hours Program is to provide a venue for international student associations to host an event where they can showcase their countries, invite others to learn about their association, socialize as a group, and welcome new members.
To ensure a successful event, the association hosting the coffee hour needs to meet with Associate Director for International Student Life to reserve the date, discuss the event, review the following guidelines, and determine what the program will entail (i.e., exhibit, performances, games, guest speakers, movie screening, etc.). Please note that traditional foods must be a part of the event.
- Submit a description of the event one week in advance to be included in our weekly newsletter.
- Please note that it is the associationís responsibility to also publicize the event through their own means such as posters, Facebook, and emails.
- Setup for the event can start as early as 2:30pm, if needed. The association hosting the event is responsible for the setup and clean-up tasks, as well as providing the products that will be used such as plates, utensils, napkins, and cold drink cups are the responsibility of the organization. The student group is also responsible for bringing tablecloths to cover the tables that will be used.
- A food label listing the name of the dish and ingredients must be placed in front of each individual item (a sample will be provided).
- Food safety guidelines will be given to the organization at the time of reservation. Please observe them closely.
- Set-up/Clean-up: All furniture and/or equipment must be returned to original location, position and conditions. If not, a cleaning /replacement charge will be assessed.
The organizationís representative(s) must check with the eventís supervisor after the cleanup is done to ensure that everything is properly placed before the group leaves.