Becoming an IU Hoosier!
Congratulations! Now that you've been admitted to IU there are a few things you'll need to do to enroll as an official IU student and prepare for the start of college.
- There are limited spaces remaining in the 2013 freshman class. In order to reserve your seat, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are spaces remaining, we will provide you with next steps.
- Set up your computer account. To do so, you will need your 10-digit University ID number. After you create your account in OneStart, it may take up to 48 hours for our system to be updated with your information.
- Apply for housing. This is the first step we encourage all admitted students to take, even if you are not positive you will attend IU. Information about housing options and the housing contract/application are available on the Residential Programs and Services website. The housing application fee is $300. If you decide not to attend IU, and notify RPS by July 1, you will receive a $200 refund.
- Keep up the good work. Admitted students must successfully complete the high school course work listed on your application, maintain your solid academic performance, and demonstrate continued academic integrity.
- Submit your immunization information. All students must complete the immunization compliance form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar prior to the first day of classes.
- Register for and attend International Student Orientation. We offer an orientation experience specifically created for the needs of international students. Orientation schedules are tailored to each student and will be available Mid-July through iStart. In order to generate this schedule you'll need to log onto iStart and complete your Pre-Arrival Checklist. Read more about International Student Orientation here.